Child sex-trafficking is a horrific crime that robs the innocence of its victims and causes significant physical, mental and emotional trauma. In the United States each year, approximately 300,000 children – at the average age of 12 – are prostituted against their will, forced to provide sexual acts for an average of 15 men a night.
Bridging Freedom’s mission is to combat minor sex-trafficking by bringing restoration to those rescued and victim prevention to those we reach with our message. We educate the community and work with partnering organizations to increase awareness about this horrendous issue. We are also working to build what will be Florida’s first therapeutic safe home to provide long-term, comprehensive care to these victims in a secure environment.
- 300,000 – Children in the U.S. prostituted annually
- 12 – Average age of child sex-trafficking victims
- 2,200 – Child sex-trafficking victims rescued by the FBI in the U.S. the past 10 years
- 3 – Florida’s ranking among states with the highest human-trafficking activity
- 51 – Child sex-trafficking victims rescued by the FBI in the Tampa Bay area alone in 2010 and 2011
- Less than 5 – Therapeutic safe homes, with less than 100 beds total, throughout the entire country specialized to handle this type of trauma
- 0 – Therapeutic safe homes in the state of Florida